Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Which One Should I Buy? (SRS BSNSS)

Hello all!

I hope you're having a nice Tuesday!

I'm home sick on this fine, East-Coast-5.9-magnitude-earthquake-y day.

I apologize once again for not having posted much lately. I've had a lot on my mind (more about that at another time), but today I feel like contemplating things than have absolutely nothing to do with life or death matters.

So, I have a question. It's about an H&M Dress.

Serious business, as you can imagine.

Or as we like to call it in the Twitter world, "SRS BSNSS."

(...don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against vowels. I just think it's funny whenever I see someone tweet, "SRS BSNSS." Which inevitably means it's really not all that serious. Or SRS. Or whatever.)

((But wait, no. That's a lie - maybe I really don't like vowels that much. They're all the same to me. And they mess me up. Like how I can never remember if it's separate or seperate. Not without the little red-squiggly-line-spellcheck thingy to keep me in check. Which, as it turns out, is telling me that I just spelled "spell check" wrong.))

(((...but I digress.)))

So which color should I buy?

I tried on a Medium, and I could be wrong but I swear this dress runs a little big. I felt like I was swimming in it. But at $34.95 (a mere fraction of the cost of this Lilly Pulitzer Dress), I can hardly pass it up.

Or as Anthroholic Kim would say, "I need this dress in my life."

But...what color?

Gosh, I've missed you guys.

Thanks so much for reading!

37 comments:

1. Kathryn!  I've missed you.  Hope you and your mom are doing well :)  Ahhhh my favorite new dress.  Get the black lady.  Black all the way.  I have the black and tried the ivory on over the weekend.  I was prepared to buy the ivory until I noticed I could see my underthings under it.  BLACK!!

ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with the same decision!! I ultimately went with black because the white was almost too creamy/dressy on me... I too was hoping for it to look like the Lilly Pulitzer one but instead I felt like a wannabe bride. You look gorgeous in it though so I can see your dilemma! And yes it certainly runs big, I'm belting mine with a ribbon belt.

ReplyDelete
  3. i voted for the black one, the cream one just seems a little too bridal to me. But I can see we're not helping much since the vote is pretty split down the middle as of now! :)

4. jennifoundinmyclosetAugust 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I would say the black one too...it looks so cute on you!

ReplyDelete
  5. Black all the way!!! Agree with the others, the cream seems too fancy whereas the black can be dressed up  or down. Nice!!

6. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Thank you Kim! I've missed you too. I'm hanging in there, though I can't lie - it's been tough. But I'm grateful for every day. I think I need this dress! Must track down a Small, asap!

Thanks for stopping by, love. xoxo

ReplyDelete
  7. If you need help finding a S, let me know.  There are plenty left here in both colors :)

8. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Ah okay, so it does run big. I wasn't imagining things. (actually I was imagining that I lost weight but I guess not, ha!) Thanks for reading!

9. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Haha yeah, I've been having fun watching the votes go back and forth! Thanks for reading and voting! =)

10. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Thank you! I think I'm leaning that way..!

ReplyDelete
  11. Cream!  I think it looks more elegant and classy!  I'm not such a fan of the (what looks like navy to me) the darker one with the off-white lining.  Or maybe it's just my computer colors look weird. just MHO.

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

12. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Thank you, Dea! I'm so sad I didn't get to meet you when you were here in Cali. Maybe another time!

Thanks for your input!

ReplyDelete
  13. I like the black as well.  But as Usha from Tripping the Light Fantastic blog just blogged, Lilly Pulitzer is having a sale.  And although your link doesn't work to Lilly's site, I think you may mean the Shayna dress, which ranges from $199 to $99.  Still expensive, but it's Lilly!
    Hope you've been doing well!

ReplyDelete
  14. They have different looks.  The lighter version looks more formal.  The darker would be easier to dress up or down.

15. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Whoops! Thanks for the heads up about the bad link! I think I've fixed it now but yeah, that's exaaactly the dress I meant. And yeah, there's just something about Lilly, hm?

Thanks for the kind wishes. It means a lot. xoxo =)

ReplyDelete
  16. I like the cream better on you.  I don't like the white lining under the black.  However that is just personal taste and they both look great on you.  Depends on what you want to do with them.

Yes, I was working from home today and was talking on the phone with one of my team members and felt the couch kinda move and thought the room swayed.  I didn't that the petals on my centerpiece on the coffee table are shaking.  Weird.  Didn't think earthquake, cause I live in NJ.  LOL.  My boss send me an email and asked if I felt the earthquake and then I turned on CNN.  At the end of the day anti climactic.  A friend from CA just laughed.

17. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Aww, thanks babe. I may need to take you up on that! I didn't see any Smalls in the black when I was there the other day.

ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the cream but the black seems more versatile.. so hard!

ReplyDelete
  19.  i think you'll get use out of either color, but the cream seems more versatile - i think it would have more options as far as styling goes

ReplyDelete
  20. I usually prefer white/cream lace dresses, but with this dress, I actually prefer the black for some reason. The black looks sexier :-) Whereas the cream gives more of a sweet look. Depends which look you are after. Erm, can you get both?

ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to see both of them belted.  I absolutely adore the cream version!

ReplyDelete
  22. I think they both look wonderful on you, I can see why you would have this dilemma!
    I voted for black as I agree with much of what has already been said here.  I think you can wear it to many different types of events plus not seeing ones under clothes is a plus. ;)

ReplyDelete
  23. Srrs Bsnns Indeed! I purchased the black one! Even though the ivory was nice, it did not look good on me. Choose the Black one!

ReplyDelete
  24. I like the black better.  To me, the white looks too "bridal."  Plus, isn't black always sexy?  ;)

ReplyDelete
  25. I just returned from trying this on, and I say the black. The ivory looks too "old" if you ask me. And it does run big. I would try a small if you can (I think you are a smaller size than me anyway, from your blog). The medium fit, the the small was just an eensy bit more fitted, which is what I wanted.

ReplyDelete
  26. Black. I agree with another reader; the white looks bridal.

ReplyDelete
  27. Love the black on you! Like another reader said I think you'll get more wear out of it.
    Hope you've been doing well too!

Go Ducks!!

28. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Haha the responses from readers on this post has been awesome - quite literally almost split in two. So I know this was a srs question, with no clear-cut right answer. Srs bsnss, srsly.

You know, it's funny - as much as I may have chuckled at east coaster's reactions to the quake, I'm still pretty freaked out by earthquakes despite the face that I'm a native Californian. Rooms should not sway unless a fair amount of alcohol has been consumed. I'm just saying. ;)

Anyway, glad to hear you're okay! Nice to hear from you. =)

29. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:42 AM

hahaha seriously, when I see the black one and stare at it long enough I say to myself I want the black one. But then I go and look at the white one and the same thing happens. I may very well just have to get both.

#seriousbusiness ;)

30. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Aww, thank you! And good point about the plain view of underthings. (unless I just decide solve that problem by not wearing underthings...HA! ;) )

31. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:47 AM

It's even funnier when you try to pronounce "srs" because it comes out sounding like "serse."

Yes, I"m very silly. =)

...and I SERSE-ly still can't decide!

32. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Hmm, good point. Sexy or sweet..? I'm just not sure!

Thanks for reading! =)

33. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Ah okay, not just me then. I'm used to H&M running super small on me so I was confused!

Thank you!

34. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Thanks! xoxo

35. Kathryn PrettythingsAugust 25, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Awww, thanks Liz! Your "Go Ducks" just made my day!!! ^_^

36. haha :)
    That is another alternative!