Sooo...I was just browsin'...you know, killing time...when I realized that I
need really want a proper black leather jacket. This faux leather one from F21 isn't really doing it for me. I'm never quite convinced that I'm pulling it off. I think that this one *cough* is more my speed:
I'm drawn to the collar (I think the more flappy ones sort of overwhelm my smaller frame) on this one, and the slightly longer length, as sometimes leather "moto" styled jackets tend to be shorter, and again, because I'm shorter, they don't hit me quite where they should. A silhouette like this, might just be more flattering overall. Also, I noticed that the back of the jacket has a touch of Ms. Zoe's fit-and-flare going on, which I love.
What I don't love? The price. *sigh*
Some similar but less kill-my-budget-dead options include:
- Lucky Brand 'Kira' Leather Jacket
- Velvet Heart Collarless Leather Jacket (oh, I kinda love this, and the orange one is fantastic too!)
- (minus The) Leather Moto Jacket (which is still faux leather, but at least isn't flappy/floppy)
- Trouve Channel Quilted Leather Jacket (not even black, but it caught my eye, and now I feel compelled to share!)
- Madewell Leather Bomber (super simple and I'm dubious about the length on me, but who knows, might be great anyway?)
What do you think? Which of these seem the most promising to you? And what are you
suddenly needing currently considering adding to your closet?