Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a lovely Friday. I took the last half of this week off, as Rowan's out of school for spring break, and have had a great time meeting friends, seeing family, and taking the kids to Disneyland. Today, we're lounging around the house, having a deliciously lazy day. I wanted to share with you an outfit from last weekend - I caved and picked up these floral print jeans when I was at Nordy's for the Vince Camuto event. I've worn them twice already this week, and am tempted to slip them on again tomorrow.
It's a funny thing, because if you'd asked me a couple years ago whether I'd be up for a pair of jeans that look suspiciously like the rose-printed-bedding-with-matching-curtains my mom bought for my bedroom when I was a kid in the '80s (and I won't lie - I loved that bedding and curtains set, as horrible as it sounds now), I might have looked at you as if you'd suddenly grown an extra nose and three extra eyebrows besides. But for whatever reason (how does the fashion industry do this? Prime us for trends we'd have turned up our noses at just a few years back?) I'm really enjoying the printed denim trend.
Even if my husband looked at me in this outfit and with a slight frown on his face, commented, "Those jeans look like some pillow cases I used to have...."
In fact, here are some other pairs I wouldn't mind adding to my collection. (I'm just itching to get my hands on that first pair on the list):
1. Current/Elliot 'The Stiletto' Printed Jeans (Want.)
2. AG Polka Dot Ankle Stevie (for those of you who'd rather ease into the printed-denim trend)
3. Joe's Jeans 'High Water Fit' Printed Jeans
4. Pierre Balmain White Bandana Print
5. 7 For All Mankind Kauai Skinny Jean
6. Rag & Bone Goetz Print Jeans
7. J Brand Floral Capri Jean (wow, love these too!)
And as blowing that much cash on trendy designer denim isn't an option for most of us (myself very much included), here are some budget-friendlier options:
1. Asos Skinny Jean in Floral Print #4
2. Delia's Floral Print Skinny Jean
3. Free People Ikat Skinny Jean
4. Forever 21 Ditsy Floral Skinnies with Belt
5. Forever 21 Leopard Skinny Jeans
What about you? Are you going to try out the printed denim trend?
Thanks for stopping by!