The first thing I thought of was a Helmut Lang blazer.
Specifically, the Tux Blazer...
Oh, and have you seen the back???
It's amazing from every angle:
It can be dressed up, the way Kelly Framel (of the Glamourai) wears it, or casual-and-cute like Drew, below:
And I admit it. I'm obsessed.
I think if I was only allowed one blazer to own in my closet, I'd choose this one.
So....I guess the next question then, is, what am I waiting for? Maybe it's time for a shopping ban, so as to facilitate the saving up for this little beauty.
Other blazers and jackets that also catch my eye:
1. Helmut Lang Era Suit Blazer (I swear, it's like art!)
2. Theory Gilda Taylor Blazer (deliciously '80s! I kinda like the look of this budget-friendlier version here, too)
3. Smythe Striped Peak Lapel Blazer (aaahhh! The perfect striped blazer from yet another iconic brand)
4. Smythe One Button Blazer (and speaking of Smythe - such a classic!)
5. J. Crew Schoolboy Blazer (because how can we leave this tried-and-true off this list? I don't have one...yet. I love all four colors, as well as the tipped version and the eyelet one for good measure)
6. And you know, while I'm fantasizing anyway, I'll throw in this adorable schoolboy blazer from Boy. By Band of Outsiders.
What about you? Which of these would you pick, should you happen to win the Fantasy Blazer Lottery? Or is there one you have in mind that I neglected to list above?