Madewell, sister-brand to J. Crew, started up their sale-on-sale (an extra 25% off, with promo code WHYNOT) today. With their more relaxed aesthetic, Madewell's styles are perfect for long lazy weekends (or super busy ones, even) and vacations. I'm still on my shopping ban, so trying to resist this sale, but with the summer stretching ahead of me (vacations or not) and a gift card for this store sitting in my wallet, it's harder than hard to ignore it. Here are some of the things that are calling my name...
1. Meadowlark Skirt or Guidebook Skirt (these remind me of Dea's wonderful Silk Canyon Skirt)
2. Soft-dot Dress (So soft and pretty, despite the way they styled it in the product shot.)
3. Northsquare Shirtdress (I've been eyeing this since it went on sale. Now that it's an extra 25% off, I may bite, despite the shopping ban, as I have a gift card burning a hole in my wallet. I've got a soft spot for plaid and you know how I am about shirt dresses. Combined, they become kryptonite for me.)
4. Denim Wrap Skirt (I can't quite put my finger on why I like this skirt, but it just makes me smile. Love the full silhouette.)
5. Fine Farewell Maxi Dress (So glad this is sold out in my size, because it would have been hard to resist. Not sure what my fixation with maxi dresses are lately - particularly considering my less-than-statuesque height - but I love this one's full skirt and saturated color.)
6. Stripecast Pullover (I love a stripy sweater! How cute would this one be, paired with that Denim Wrap Skirt?)
7. Lacy Waves Top (Just gorgeous. Simultaneously really sad and very relieved that it's not available in my size anymore.)
8. Sidestep Skirt (such a fun, killer red. Yes, I just put "fun" and "killer" right next to each other to describe the same thing. My writer-self is keeling over right now.)
9. Colorband Slipdress (I think I recently saw Roxy wearing this dress or a dress very similar to it. Super cute!)
10. Silk Smockpleat Dress (I'm picturing this, at the beach, worn with a floppy hat. Love the detail across the bodice and the effortless ease of the loose, flowy cut. Weekends were made for dresses like this. I bet it looks very finished when paired with a belt too. Oh...I just talked myself into adding this one to my shopping cart...)
11. Dotted Indigo Ink Tee Dress (looks so comfy! The quintessential weekend dress.)
Please note that many of these sale items are final sale - same sort of hard-line policy as J. Crew's. After the J. Crew sale and yet another set of markdowns at Anthro this week, is there any room in your closet or your budget left for Madewell?