When I was a kid, summer felt like it went on forever. Now? Well, now I blink and entire weeks zip by before I'm ready. I can't even begin to express my longing for that sort of languorous, slow-moving time we used to experience as children. It was so wasted on us, back then.
Because wow, could I use it now.
And with all these thoughts of summer comes thoughts of summer clothes. And what's more quintessentially "summer" than shorts? True, as a grown-up (sigh) I have many fewer opportunities to wear shorts, than I did as a kid. But that being said, it doesn't mean I can't find the times and places for them. And this year? I'm loving all the variations that are available - cut-offs, cuffed, printed, colored, boyfriend, etc, etc. Not even sure where to begin? Here are some of my favorites:
1. Blackbirds Shorts, Anthropologie (so cute and fluttery! Practically a skirt.)
2. J. Crew 4"Chino Shorts (a tried-and-true basic, in updated colors - what's not to love?)
3. Paige 'Silver Lake' Cut-off Denim Shorts; (the printed jeans trend shifts upwards for the summer - same style, different print on sale here)
4. Gap Ikat Canvas Shorts (a great way to ease into the printed-short trend, if you're feeling skittish - classic cut, basic colors, understated pattern.)
5. J. Crew Denim Shorts (So funny to see this silhouette comfy-but-frumpy silhouette come back. But who are we kidding here? You had me at "comfy.")
6. Kate Spade 'Nico' Striped Shorts (umm...high waisted, striped, seersucker? Yes, please! Love this retro silhouette.)
7. Scalloped Denim Shorts, Future:Standard (lady-like, sweet, and so versatile. Want!)
So what do you think? Are shorts a staple in your summer closet? Or are they something you tend to forego? Are this season's variety of styles tempting you at all?