Moving on to the business at hand, I want to mention that these past few weeks have been seeing me wear a lot of (sadly, unblogged) dresses. Dresses are, as my long-time readers will know, one of my favorite types of clothing, particularly for their ease and general loveliness. For much of last year and definitely the year before that, dresses held real primacy in my wardrobe. However, I'd say the past 12 months saw me move away from dresses and more towards separates, which is fine - it's good to switch things up now and again. These past few weeks though, I've been relearning to appreciate the power of a good dress. With one garment, and maybe an accessory or two, I can go from nondescript or even frumpy, to feeling pulled-together and presentable.
A good dress practically has super powers.
So, with this in mind, I've been researching my favorite retailers for promising additions to my closet. Here's what I've come up with:
Nanette Asymmetric Dress, Anthropologie
(This dress is topping my list! But the petite version is backordered until October. =P Boooo!)
Any and all of these would be welcome additions to my dress collection too:
1. Knit Corners Dress, Anthropologie (Love the red and white stripes on this dress!)
2. Rauma Drop-Waist Dress, Anthropologie (The lace is so luxe but the shape is super versatile - this one would be great to dress up or dress down.)
3. Under and Over Dress, Anthropologie (Wonderful jersey dress - who couldn't use one or two of those in their arsenal?)
4. Crimson Ponte Dress, Anthropologie (Love the retro styling - so '60s!)
5. Polka-Dot Tie-Neck Dress, J. Crew (oh my goodness - this dress is killing me. I want, I want, I want!)
6. Classic Shirtdress, J. Crew (Please see above.)
7. Stripe Derby Dress, J. Crew (Another fun, stripy dress. With the right layers, I could see this dress working all year 'round.)
8. Workwear Shirtdress, J. Crew (My friend has this dress and it looks fantastic on her. It's a real wardrobe workhorse.)
9. Chambray Songbird Dress, Madewell (Such a great staple - fun and wearable silhouette and who doesn't look great in chambray?)
10. Plaid Songbird Dress, Madewell (You already know I love the cut of this dress and that I have a weakness for plaid...and it's on sale...)
11. Silk Dotty Dress, Madewell (Cute!)
12. Radiohour Shift Dress, Madewell (Surprisingly sophisticated - and looks fantastically comfy too.)
Now as the title of this post indicates, this list is a bit of a fantasy, so I'm definitely going to have to do some deliberating as to which, if any of these (Nanette! Nanette! Nanette! Polka Dot Tie-Neck! Classic Shirtdress!) will be able to join me. What do you think? Are any of these on your list? Or are there others you've got your eye on?