Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been away so long - I was at this amazing week-long training for Vocal Awareness (which I'll talk about more in a future post), and between the 8-hour sessions, homework, keeping up with some projects at work, and just spending time developing friendships with some of my classmates (for lack of a better word), I just couldn't find the time - or the energy - to write a post, try as I might.
Still, it was a really great week. I really needed it.
Okay, but let's get on to some fun news - Topshop, the British clothing line, has come to Nordstrom! Select stores around the country are now actually carrying the line (in Orange County, my favorite South Coast Plaza is one of them!) and of course, you can also buy online from Nordy's website. Browsing the selection, I found this little frock:
And along with that, a few more promising selections:
1. Topshop Skater Dress (such an easy, wearable dress - and what a great price!)
2. Topshop Rib Pleated Skater Dress (gorgeous color and it'll look amazing with layers)
3. Topshop 'Lucy' Paisley Print Skirt (such a fun skirt! I can imagine it'd go with all kinds of things - and it's machine washable. LOVE.)
4. Topshop Floral Pintuck Shirt (so sweet - I love it)
6. Topshop Mixed Media Tunic (not my usual thing, but I kind of love it. Imagine how cute it'll look with some skinny jeans!)
7. Topshop Boucle Dress
8. Topshop Embellished Collar Top (oh my gosh, I love this. LOVE. The only way I might love it more is if it were silk and not rayon. At least it's not polyester.)
9. Topshop Lace Peplum Top (Ivory lace and a peplum. Seriously, what's not to like?)
10. Topshop Oversized Plaid Sweater (I know, I know - Valerie Keaton, every Huxtable child, Samantha Micelli, and Mike Seaver all wore a version of this sweater. Which might be why it makes me smile and feel happy when I look at it, seeing as how I'm a child of the '80s. *ahem*)
I've been intrigued by mention of Topshop for years - first as a well-known fashion retailer in England, and then when it came to NYC. But for whatever reason, I've never actually even looked at Topshop's website until fairly recently. The style is definitely a bit younger and a little more urban - or street? - than I tend to favor, I find. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing some in person, the next time I'm at South Coast Plaza and getting to know the brand a bit better.
What about you? Are you a fan of Topshop? And if so, can you share anything about fit, wear, etc?