We're not talking Orange County or Palm Springs, or even San Fernando Valley here, people. We're talking about San Diego - home of the some of the most temperate temperatures in the whole country! Last Friday, at around 10 AM, we got a call from Rowan's school, informing us that since the school is not equipped with A/C, we could come and pick up kids early should we be concerned about possible health risks due to the heat. It was a reverse-snow day.
To be sure, things are not so bad right now. We've got a forecast for temps in the high '80s and low '90s for the rest of this week, so the heat is at least bearable. Of course, it's still way too warm for outfits like this:
Despite that, I can't help day-dreaming about it. And while I wasn't completely bowled over by Madewell's Fall Catalog, there are some great things in their current transitional fall roll-out. (Some of them could even be worn now, in this heat!) These for instance:
1. Silk Hourglass Top (So effortlessly pretty, whether paired with slacks, jeans, or a skirt.)
2. Sessun Gloria Tie-Front Blouse (I love these colors and print. Gorgeous!)
3. Sessun Capricorn Printed Dress (Oh, I love this!)
5. Sheepmeadow Sweater (I actually like this critter sweater better than J. Crew's French hen sweater)
6. Softshade Sweatshirt Dress (I want to use this to recreate a version of this Kendi/Fossil look from last fall. Speaking of - does anyone else wish Fossil would just re-release that whole line?)
7. Linemaker Tee (Because a person just can't have enough striped tees...and, erm, this one has a different neckline from my other ones...)
8. Floral Songbird Dress (I already have the Stucco Striped version of this dress, but there's something so sweet about this floral print...)
9. Bow Sweater (I want to throw this on over a pair of cords and a tank/tee/button-down shirt throughout the cold weather months. Adorable.)
To be honest, I haven't done a lot of fall fashions shopping yet. This heat is such a deterrent and who wants to pay full price for something you can't put on right away? What about you? Are you getting more seasonally appropriate weather in your parts?
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!