And when I say that, I mean as in, "I-had-an-emergency-appendectomy-early-Monday-morning-and-have-been-recovering since."*
Yeah. Let me tell you, there's no better way to finish a great outfit than with some unplanned abdominal surgery, said no one ever.
Suffice it to say, I'm not 100%, but I'm finally feeling well enough to be interested in pretty things again. (Believe it or not, having a vestigial organ removed will sort of put the kibosh on those tendencies in the short term.) So, you can imagine how well the latest Boden catalog has helped my *ahem* healing process.
(Between the two of us, it was almost better than the heavy doses of ibuprofen I've been taking. Almost.)
1. Lucy Shirt (so sweet - and easy to wear with way too many things. At its current promo price, how does one resist?)
2. Full Jacquard Skirt (um...is it weird that I just want to eat this skirt? Yes. Yes, it is. But really, I love it that much. The price is a little harder to swallow, unfortunately...)
3. Natalie Dress (so, I was eyeing this one a little wistfully, thinking how lovely it is but how definitely way too long it would be on shorty-me. And then I saw it - petite sizing!!! YES.)
4. Glamour Tweed Skirt (still on my radar. So cute. Love.)
5. Fitted Cable Jumper (to go with the skirt above. That whole outfit is just perfect.)
6. Vintage Heeled Boots (Will be great with skirts and casual dresses. But are currently in the running against these boots for my winter wardrobe. I'm leaning toward the latter...but keep waffling.)
7. Full Skirt Dress (I realize this one's sold out. But I had to show you, so we could share our grief together at having missed it, somehow. Do you think they'll restock?)
8. Skinny Graphic T-shirt (I spotted this on Shopping With M's blog, and couldn't resist the graphic of a girl reading. I mean, c'mon. How is this even a choice?)
9. Marylebone Bag (a great everyday bag for a really great price. My only question - red or green? How am I supposed to decide these things?)
10. Everyday Socks (seriously, how do you say, "no," to these? Adorable.)
Here's to imagining wearing pretty things again really soon...
*More on that in a later post.