The rest of you may be completely eschewing the human frenzy and planning on sleeping in tomorrow morning and getting up in a leisurely manner. Sales? What sales?
Me? Well...I've made out my list, and I've checked it twice. *Ahem* Does that list resemble the "One for you, One for me" sort? Okay, okay, it's not even that. This list is entirely an "all for me" list, but I've got the gift lists (for other people) too, and will share some of those later. In the meantime, here's what I'm dreaming of:
(You already know I'm a fan as I own one. But I love the black and gray stripes. Can't...resist...)
I love stripes. And I love the Maritime Dress, pretty much in all of its iterations. It's just so comfy and easy to wear. And I have to admit, this particular palette is much more wearable than my other royal-blue-and-white striped version, which you know...makes me feel a little smurfalicious. Just a little.
So that being said, if I run into it this current version in the store tomorrow, I can't guarantee I won't walk on by. And with J. Crew's current promotions (25% off entire purchase online - use code COLOR25 - or in stores/30% off for card members - use code CARDMEMBER), it could be dangerous. That goes for these others too:
1. Teddie Dress (A lovely, super simple, perfect-for-work dress. And that exposed zipper adds a bit of edge that's just right. You'll find me in the green version, should it fit well.)
2. Perfect Shirt in Tartan (I have a friend who owns this shirt and every time she wears it, I feel a frisson of desire - not for her, though she's lovely. For the shirt. I'm excited to see it's returned this winter. If it's in the store, it will be mine.)
3. Double-cloth Greatcoat (There is no call for a coat of this caliber in a San Diego winter. Which may be my saving grace. Because seriously, this coat sings to me.)
4. Frenchie Sweater (sold out online, available in some stores)/Giant Bow Sweater/Heartbreaker Sweater (I am trying really hard to ignore all the absurdly adorable, whimsical sweaters J. Crew is bombarding us with this season. But I'm not quite successful. If any or all of these are in-store, all my best intentions may be entirely overcome.)
5. Collection Everly Calfhair Pumps (Wow. These are just...wow. I'm going to try and snow myself and remind myself that the Nordstrom's Half-Yearly for Women and Children is coming up next week, and to wait and see if there's anything there that might do instead. But wow. And geez. And wow.)
Then, too, there's Madewell with their 25% off everything promo (use code TREAT at checkout if buying online). Here's what I'm eyeing:
6. Striped Duet Dress (It's green. I love green. And made from a comfy knit. I love that too. Did I mention it's striped?)
7. Rebeca Raney x Madewell Cashmere Sweater (I absolutely have no budget for something like this, but speaking of adorable, whimsical sweaters...!)
8. Silk Flutter Sleeve Top (How much do I love this, especially in the Whisper Pink color???)
9. Transport Tote (in English Saddle, please!)
And of course, there's also my favorite department store, Nordstrom. There aren't any Black Friday specials going on, but I've got my eye on a couple of things there, including:
10. iiiBeca by Joy Gryson Reade Street Tote (I love all the colors, but I think I want Mustard. Or maybe the Ocean? No, the Lime Green with Navy Blue accents...haha, maybe all three? This bag is made of smooth, sturdy leather, is surprisingly light, and will hold my laptop as well as all my other
11. TOMS Classic Dot Woolen Slip-on (I bought my first pair of TOMS just a couple months ago, and I have to say, I'm totally smitten. I think these might have to be my second pair...)
12. Caslon Patterned Crewneck (Obviously, fun, whimsical sweaters are a thing because Nordy's has 'em too. I love the yellow one with the gray fox and the green one with the black/green dots across the shoulders. Too cute!)
So, what about you? Are you out there or planning to be out there, braving the Black Friday Frenzy? Or are you shopping from the quiet and comfort of your own computer? And what fun things did you pick up? Do tell!
And as always, thanks for visiting!