But mostly, I blame Anne:
Oh, and maybe her Grace, the Duchess of Cambridge too:
I've resisted the fascination of trench coats for a long time - mostly because I'm short and small boned, and trench coats always made me feel like a tent on legs. But ever since I saw the photo of Anne's outfit (and then came across this Kate outfit), I've been a little obsessed. I think I might need a trench coat. A proper trench coat. One that fits me well, and doesn't make me feel like I'm a walking tent.
And oh, when I look online at all the possibilities (because there really are quite a few), my eyes keep being riveted by the BBB (Big British Brand) Burberry. The structured shoulders and well-cut silhouettes keep me thinking that maybe one of these will work for me. The only problem? Some of them cost as much as a mortgage payment! Sheesh.
Anyway, a woman can dream. Here are the ones I'm sighing over:
1. Burberry London Gabardine Trenchcoat (Let's start with a mid-length coat - while this hits at the top of the model's thighs, it's nearly guaranteed to hit me a couple inches above the knee. Very classic. Very pricey.)
2. Burberry Prorsum Belted Twill Trench Coat (I love the trim, neat look of this one. But it's quite a bit more than the first. Wish I could figure out why...)
3. Burberry Brit Honey Cotton Trench Coat (And despite all my talk of wanting something that will fit me well, I can't help but long for...well, the longer version. I mean, it's so super spy! And closer to Anne's version. All of this despite the fact that it would be practically tea-length on me. Sigh.)
4. Lacoste Cropped Mack Trench Jacket (Not at all what I had in mind originally, but oh my goodness, so cute!)
5. Banana Republic Classic Trench (Quite similar to the Burberry versions, and there's a petite version available. Looks promising!)
6. Merona Water Repellant Classic Trench Coat (So cute and on sale, which makes this totally reasonable, price-wise. But also probably too big for me. *sad face*)
7. Club Monaco Harper Trench (Another very classic look, with a bigger collar. Priced in between the BR and lower end Burberry coats.)
Trench coats also come in leather (the palest pink! Oh, I die!), wool, silk, and fur (???). And you can find them in an array of colors, including navy, red, coral, orange, yellow, green, purple, and of course, the ubiquitous black. Not to mention plaids, prints, tweeds, puffers (!!!), and flocked fabrics (omg, so cute!) as well.
So - tell me. Are you part of the trench coat club? What sort do you wear?