I admit it - my comfort clothing of choice in cooler weather? Sweatshirts. I have several - mostly college gear - that I tend to live in when the work/public part of the day is over and I'm free to change into my "comfy clothes." But I do like the idea of being able to be supremely comfortable during the day too (who doesn't) without looking sloppy.
Because really, wearing hooded sweatshirts emblazoned with university or sports team logos doesn't really shout, "chic and stylish." Don't get me wrong - they're super comfy. I love 'em. But super stylish? No, not so much.
So, when Neiman Marcus and Target released their collaboration collection that included a sweatshirt from Proenza Schouler, I pounced on it. And then I started to wonder - are there more out there? Sweatshirts that might reasonably be called stylish?
Is there a Santa Claus?
Yes, dear readers. Turns out there are.
Here's what I found:
1. Burberry Brit Studded Sweatshirt (Wow, I love this! But even on super sale, it's cost would be prohibitive.)
2. James Perse 'Vintage' French Terry Sweatshirt (This sweatshirt is super simple but I will attest to the fantastic cut, drape, and fit of James Perse's essential items.)
3. Graphic Print Sweatshirt (The floral print is really pretty and the faux-leather shoulder patches give it a little edge. I also really love this Mango flower print sweatshirt.)
4. Rachel Roy Juliana Sweatshirt (With its stripes and split back, this top has enough interest to keep from feeling like loungewear.)
5. BCBGMaxAzria Lace Front Sweatshirt (So cute! Also take a look at this Lace Sweatshirt from Haute Hippie.)
6. DVF Paryse Sweatshirt (Sparkly and fun!)
7. Rebecca Taylor Cashmere Sweatshirt (Can you really call it a sweatshirt, when it's probably just a cashmere sweater that looks like a sweatshirt? Am I really going to quibble over this?)