Hoping you're doing well. I've been having one of those weeks where I've been sort of super-non-stop-busy, including late nights and work-related phone calls as I drop off kids (at babysitters) or pick them up (from school) and all that sort of thing. And then, this afternoon, it all sort of came to a halt.
I finished...at least as much as I can do for now...on most of the things I'd been working on and well...
I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.
Soooooo, I've decided to do some virtual window shopping instead. And in the process, I'll update you on the types of purchases I've made or am planning to make or even unmake, as the case may be.
I'm sorry - my creativity is completely sapped right now. I promise I'll try to do better tomorrow.
Okay, so you already know that last weekend I went shopping and bought some boyfriend jeans. I had a whole list of things I wanted, but that was the only thing I actually checked off the list. Here are the other items I had in mind:
1. Charlie Fatigue Jacket (I was worried this one would be way too long on me, when I first saw it in one of J. Crew's ubiquitous emails. But then I saw it in the store and tried it on. It is long - but I think it still works. The store only had a size small, which is a bit big on me in the body, so I'm holding out for an XS, which I'll hopefully be able to track down soon. It helps, of course, that I've got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket...)
2. Glazed/Coated Denim (not so sure on this one...still mulling it over. I love the sheen and the finished, sophisticated look of these jeans. But are they too rockstar for me? Maybe black instead? Questions, questions...)
3. Sassy black sandals (I came across these and these online and love them both. Also these. They're all super $$$, so I'm going to keep looking. These and these are more reasonable possibilities, but will need to have them on my feet to know. These are pretty different from anything I own but I kind of like them for some reason. And these are crazy, pretty, and fun but practically a mortgage payment. Will continue to look and be sure to update you as I go along.)
4. Ted Baker Dotted Dress (I bought this. I received this. I actually don't like this in person. First, it's polyester which I think is ridiculous for a dress that cost over $200. Second, the color is a bit odd on me. And last - the cut doesn't work for my body the way I hoped it would. Back it goes.)
5. Rag and Bone Dress (I bought this on impulse the day I bought my jeans. I love it - it's totally cute and it fits really well. It's really pricey though. And that very day, I saw a woman carrying a black Celine handbag, which has now completely eclipsed the Sophie Hulme Buckle Bag I was obsessing over, so I think I should take this dress back and save for the Celine, yes? Yes.)
6. Anthropologie Lousa Shift (I love the green of this dress. And shifts are so lovely and easy to wear. This one looks extremely promising - and it comes in a petite version!)
7. Anthropologie Kanshi Dress (How sweet is this dress? Can't you just see it with a denim jacket thrown over it? Or a cardi? Or a blazer? Love!)
8. Anthropologie Firebloom Cardigan (So pretty. WANT.)
So, yes, all that talk a few weeks ago about not having interest in shopping? Mmm, it seems to have passed. Or maybe it's just that after lots of intense thinking/working, the abrupt halt has left a vacuum, and well...we know that nature abhors a vacuum.
Yeah, that's it. This is just a law of nature. Mmhm.
What about you? Any current cravings?